Monday, March 7, 2011

In the Beginning...

In search of a topic to write, share, blog, and otherwise contemplate; I decided to share my passion for game design.  While the thought of “game design” in itself sounds generic at best, I assure you my goal is far more ambiguous.  I wish to begin my foray as a purveyor of games as designed, played, and criticized on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and other like minded systems which are typically lumped together as Social Networks.  It is to be hoped that you enjoy my topics and one sided conversations enough to join in and save me from my rabid babbling of game mechanic strawberries, story chocolates, and trend taffies.  None of which are in complete fact edible but perhaps consumable, mind you.  

So to mark this momentous occasion of my first official blog posting on my new blog I would like to start off with a blurb of how I ended up here.  When I say,‘here’ I mean a guy that has taken a passionate interest in Socialized Game Design.  Facebook opens up opportunities that were formally only known in legend to any of us that have not been designing games since the late 70s and early 80s.   Facebook has opened back up the gates to original ideas and not just the incubation, production, and fruition of these ideas, but real tangible, measurable success.  Games are being developed not through visual intrigue but game mechanics both experimental and known; that intrigue long enough to grasp a player and create followings.  Story has been given a new reason and the drum in-which it marches is beaten by the creative designer more than ever.

Its evident that game design will never be the same and I hope to instill in my readers a sense of renewed faith in not just game development but in how the masses choose to consume their media; by playing it.  We will explore topics such as licensing for social games, game mechanics, new features within the social network infrastructure that affect play, how our games affect society, and design methods within Socialized Game Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment